Ready to earn your crown? This easy homemade craft lets little ones design their own flowery fashion accessory just in time for spring! And since this activity encourages creative freedom, kids can fill up their crowns with any type of flower, colors, pretty patterns, or anything their imagination can dream up.
Psst! Parents can also join in the fun by creating a matching crown for themselves! Let’s get started:
- Scotch tape
- Glue stick
- Construction paper in your favorite colors
*Safety first! This colorful craft requires scissors. Please get help from an adult to make sure you complete this craft safely.
- To make the headband of the crown, cut two long strips of construction paper and tape the ends together as shown (with adult supervision).
- Next, use your ruler to measure a 4″ x 4″ square and fold it in half two times.
- Draw your flower petal on the square with the folded edges pointing down (as shown in the image) and cut out your petal (with adult supervision).
- When you unfold the paper, you’ll have a flower with four petals all attached (wow!). You can create different-sized flower petals by measuring larger or smaller squares from Step 2.
- Cut out mini circles to use as the flower centers – you can even add leaves for extra creativity!
- Mix and match the colors and flower sizes and glue them together with the mini circles in the middle.
- Fill up the headband with your flowery creations, tape the other ends together, and enjoy your crown!
We found inspiration for this craft here. Thank you Paper and Glue!