DIY Bookmarks Craft
In need of a bookmark or a fun coloring craft? Well, you’ve found a sweet one! This DIY bookmarks activity is a great craft for Valentine’s Day, and it works just as well to get little ones excited about their next reading adventure.
But the best part? This craft is easy, quick, and can be redecorated over and over again! Let’s get started.
Supplies You'll Need
- DIY bookmarks template (you can print our template in Step 1)
- Colored cardstock or construction paper
- Coloring pencils
- Glue stick
- 1/4″ single-hole punch
- Optional: googly eyes and a clear bookmark sleeve
- Print out our DIY bookmarks template and cut out each bookmark (with adult supervision!).
- To make your bookmarks stronger, we suggest cutting out a strip of cardstock or construction paper to stick on the back.
- Next, cut out a variety of hearts or any fun design to decorate your bookmarks. Preferably a mix of mini or larger cut-outs to make it really pop!
- Glue each cut-out with the googly eyes on the front and/or back. Then color in your bookmarks using your favorite coloring pencils.
- When finished, make a hole in the top center of your bookmark with the 1/4″ single-hole punch and tie the ribbon.
- Now, slide each bookmark into a clear bookmark sleeve to protect your creativity. And voila, you’re ready to use your bookmarks!
- To redecorate, simply remove it from the clear sleeve to add stickers, glitter, and more!
Use Your Bookmarks with These Fun Read & Play Sets
Step into Coco’s chocolatey world as she preps for her school’s Valentine’s Day bake sale. Plan a pet-tastic birthday bash with aspiring party planner Emily. Or follow Shannon on her cross-country trip and discover 2 scavenger hunt games inside!
Psst! Can’t wait to read? You can download each story as an e-book for free on the OG Bookshelf!