← back to Blog
Flowers of Friendship – DIY Flower Bracelet Tutorial
Learn how to make your very own flower friendship bracelets, just like Katelyn does in her storybook “A Blizzard on Moose Mountain”!
These easy-to-make bracelets are perfect for giving as gifts to your dolls, your best friends, and your family members.
We bet you won’t be able to make just one! 😉
- Stretchy bead cord (0.7mm)
- Crafting beads (8mm)
- Cut a long piece of cord (around 2.5 feet long)
- Tie a few knots around 2 inches from the end of the cord
- Thread 6 beads onto the cord for the flower
- Loop back through the first bead and then add a yellow (or different color) bead for the center of the flower
- Then loop through the bead next to the center of the flower on the opposite side
- Add a couple of green beads (or different colored beads) as separators
- Continue the process of making flowers by repeating steps #3-#6 until you have the desired length for the bracelet (and it fits around your wrist)
- Tie a knot at the end of the bracelet, and then tie the two ends together a few times to make sure it’s secure
Did you know?
The colored beads have many meanings in the Native American culture. Some of these meanings are listed below:
- Yellow (truth, growth, love)
- Red (birth, clarity, new beginnings)
- Black (lessons, adult, sunset)
- White (purity, renewal, winter)
- Blue (sky, water, spirit)
- Green (earth, healing, health)
How did your bracelet turn out? We’d love to see what you made! Share pictures of your beautiful friendship flower creations with us on Instagram or Facebook!