Amaze your friends… Dazzle your family… Stan The Man shows you how with this Unstoppable, Unpoppable Balloon Trick that works like magic!
With a wave of your magic wand, you can command a balloon not to pop— not even when sticking it with a pin!
Here’s how it works:
Stan says that the secret to this magic trick is putting a piece of clear tape about the size of a quarter on the round end of all of the balloons.
Smooth down the tape’s corners and edges so the tape is invisible to the audience. You’ll want to practice this a few times before your performance, then let the magic begin:
- Explain your magic powers to the audience. Ask the audience which balloon color they want.
- Hold your balloon just like Stan is in the picture, so the pin will prick the spot where the tape is.
- Wave your wand over that balloon and say, Abracadabra, shoobeedoobop, even with a pin, this balloon won’t pop!
- Slowly push the pin into the balloon and remove it slowly. It won’t pop!
- Now tell the audience you’re going to remove your magical powers.
- Wave your wand over the same balloon and say, Abracadabra, shoobeedoobop, now it’s time to make this magic stop!
- This time push the pin slowly into a spot that’s close to the end, but not where the tape is. Pop!
- Ta-da! Now take a bow. (And remember, magicians don’t tell their secrets.)